Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Consumer/Provider Blues

A Blues based on the change from being a consumer, to being a provider.

I once was a consumer, oh yeah
I said I once was a consumer
I ran around this town, spending my money like a clown!

Yeah, I never joined a library
No, I just bought ev'ry damn book I pleased
No, I never joined a library
I just bought any damned book I please
And then I went around the corner
And I bought piles of CDs (yesh!)

But then my baby had a baby
Yeah, my baby had a baby
(spoken) My baby that's my wife had a baby that's my daughter
Oooh, I was so happy then
But when my baby had a baby
I changed my ways, like so many men

Now I'm a provider,
And I just provide all day long
Yeah, I'm a provider
And I just provide all day long

I'm running round the town now
Buying nappies and formula
I'm running round the town now
Buying vests and baby grows
And when the evening falls
I can finally read all those books I bought

:-) Life, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment